Welcome and Thank You for Selecting Prairie Animal Hospital.
We are so excited to welcome you and your pets to our hospital! We hope that the information below will make your visits to our hospital pleasant and convenient. Our mission is to improve the human animal bond through individualized healthcare experiences.
- Early Arrival: Please arrive 5-10 mins prior to your appointment. This allows for contact information and patient updates to be made and not impede your time with the nursing team and Veterinarian.
- Late appointments: If you will be more than 5-10 minutes late, please let us know and we will gladly reschedule your appointment to ensure proper time for visits.
- No-Shows: The fee for missed or cancelled appointment without 24 hours notice will be $20. This fee will be assessed to your account and payment expected at the next apointment. We appreciate your understanding as we have had an increase in number of patients missing their scheduled appts. If we record more than 3 “no-show” appointments without prior notification then only “drop-off” exams will be scheduled for future patient exams.
- Scheduling Appointments: Please notify the receptionist of all the concerns that you are requesting the veterinarian to address when making the appointment. This will allow us to better estimate the amount of time for which to schedule your pet(s).
Prescription Medication Guidelines
- For all prescription refill requests, please allow 24-48 hours for them to be filled.
- We are legally required to follow all guidelines outlined by the Idaho Board of Pharmacy and Federal Pharmacy laws for prescriptions.
- All “Controlled Substances” prescriptions may only be picked up by an adult who must show proof of current Drivers License and must submit an electronic signature.
- We cannot accept/refund any prescription medication that has been purchased and left the building, including “donated” medication. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Prescriptions require a valid “Client-Patient” Relationship with your Veterinarian and must be renewed annually.
- We do accept written prescriptions from other providers.
- On-Line Pharmacy and pharmaceuticals:
- We do offer a verified and trusted online pharmacy to make getting your pets medications safe and convenient. Please visit: https://prairieah.vetsfirstchoice.com/
- We do not fax written prescriptions to any other online pharmacy for security reasons.
- We will gladly prepare a written script in the event you require one to fill elsewhere.
- Non-Pharmacy Returns: We honor Science Diet, Prescription Diet, Royal Canin and Purina’s “money back guarantee” in the event your pet has any issues with the products.
- All fees for treatments, services and products are due at the time of service or sale. No payment arrangements are offered.
- We accept the following payment types:
- Debit, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express
- Care Credit
- Scratch Pay
- Checks under $300
- Monday-Friday: 7:30am to 6:00pm (Closed for lunch from 12:00pm to 1:00pm)
- Closed Weekends & Major Holidays